Friday, September 5, 2008

All-around fighter part 2 (Prince)

We were raiding Karazhan and were now attempting to bring down the Master of Karazhan, Prince Malchezaar (widely known as the Prince). At first, the fight went on flawlessly, Infernal drops were far away and I was generating a decent amount of threat to hold the Prince as the other raid members tried to burn down him down. But as luck would have it (thanks to murphy's law <_<), Infernals rained down on the other raid members and near the place where I was holding off the Prince. The group scattered about trying to stay alive as the Infernal were slowly eating away their health. As I was trying to maneuver away from the Infernals, I lost the Prince's threat and he then made his way to our poor healers and ranged dps. He killed most of the raid members before I got his attention back. I was taking a lot of hits from him since I wasn't able to raise my shield most of the time while trying to stay away from the Infernals. My health waned as Prince continued to bash me with his fists and since the healers were busy trying to stay alive. Only two of us remained then, the other was a healer, a fellow paladin.

When the Prince's life was around 1%, I had to use my Divine Shield to avoid death (healer was still dodging Infernals). Upon seeing that I was immune to most of his attacks, the Prince turned around and his attention now focused on the healer. I quickly healed myself back to good health before canceling my Divine Shield. Unfortunately, I was too late, my fellow paladin didn't make it...

So there we were, standing on the rooftops of Karazhan, the Prince (around 1% health) and the great paladin (yours truly), the two of us alone, trying to duel it out. It was a sudden-death match, winner takes all. I made the first move, grabbed my shield and threw it as hard as I can to the diabolic Prince. I tried to pop my wings but could not do it, forbearance holding it back. I then opened my libram and searched for the page containing the Exorcism spell. I chanted the words and boom the Prince screamed, life draining away. However, this didn't stop him from charging towards me. Without wasting any second, I did another chant, calling upon the powerful holy magic, I then threw my charged weapon at the Prince, further cutting down his life.

With the Prince now on melee range, we engaged in "hand-to-hand" combat (me using sword and shield). I raised my shield everytime I had the chance, blocking his attacks and him receiving reflected damage. The fight dragged for about 30 seconds, both of us nearing death, my life held by the holy power of ardent defender. Swing, hit, block, cast a seal, release a seal, the fight went on until the last of the Prince's life was taken away by an exorcism spell. The Prince then crumpled down to the floor as I stood there gazing triumphantly at his lifeless body.

0 comments: