Thursday, November 13, 2008

Retribution

The bright orange rays of the setting sun gleamed over my tank-specced goggles as I stood there in Stormwind Harbor, waiting for the steam-powered icebreaker (The Kraken) to transport me to Northrend, a frozen wasteland which is home to the evil Scourge. To my left stood a Death Knight projecting some dark aura giving me chills, making the light within me flicker. They were once the mighty Champions of the Lich King. It still amazes me how they managed to break free of the Lich's control. The mere thought of joining forces with these beings of the dark greatly unsettles the light within me. Thoughts of being a zombie began rushing back... the bloodlust, the excitement... I fired up my devotion aura, recast righteous fury and replaced my blessing of sanctuary. I felt better, much better. Today is not the time to be affected by these things for today we bring the war to the Lich King's lands. Death Knight's are our allies and powerful ones to be exact. It is time for Dark and Light to blend, fight side-by-side and focus on one goal. The downfall of the Lich King.

The steam-powered boat arrived at the port, we mounted up and climbed on. I looked at the Death Knight and raised my hammer, he did the same with his runesword and together we shouted "For the Light/Dark!". The boat started to move... it is time for retribution...

0 comments: