Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bubble-Hearth Denied!

It was a bright and sunny afternoon. We just finished defending Wintergrasp from the evil horde and there I was, browsing the goods sold by Knight Dameron, minding my own business when out of nowhere a Blood Elf Paladin started firing judgements on me. Angered by this sneak attack, I quickly put my Seal up and started firing judgements myself. With one quick cast he stunned me as he tried to get around me. Panic struck me since getting hit at the back is not something you would want to experience...ever. Using all my might I freed myself from his stun and quickly turned to face him raising my shield altogether. He struck, I blocked, and he got hit by the reactive spell that I had already placed on my shield. My arm ached from the strength of his blow while he staggered back arms and head bloodied. I took advantage of this lapse by lurching forward and hammering him with a stun. I then consecrated the ground below him, fired a powerful judgement and finished with a powerful slam using my shield. His life waned, slowly eaten away by my judgements. He then cast a bubble to protect himself from more attacks then started to use his hearthstone to teleport away to safety. Unfortunately for him I am a Paladin myself and I know the weakness of such a technique... In the end, he lay there bloodied and lifeless.

EDIT: Since patch 3.1, players are now immune to this spell's damage making this trick no longer work. I have mixed emotions about this change though, happy that it is now safe to use bubble-hearth when I encounter hordes of horde (not that I use this everytime) and sad that I can no longer deny Paladin Hordes their bubble-hearth...

3 comments:

Tickler said...

it was also a sunny evening, when i was contemplating to buy Flow of Knowledge or not and discussing my plans of buying the pvp trinket. when all of a sudden a tiger bit my ass!, with all of the explosion in my back from the shots i didnt know where from, there was only one thing in my mind "Horde do attack Alliance from the back". I immediately released and hurried back, but another Alliance already killed him. So i went back to browsing the goods but this time i was prepared, i changed my view so that i can see what is coming from behind me, also refresh my buffs. after a quite browsing, there again he emerged, same tactic same tiger! but this time its different. I immediately Thundestorm to get the pet out of the way, then drop Earthbind Totem. I then focus to him, immediately Fire shocked him, focus all my energy to Lava Burst and before the casting time is over cast another lightning bolt...too bad that is all he needed to kneel down before me...


ty rj for sharing :D
sorry sa mga wrong grammar and all :D

Anonymous said...

are you really sure he was dead? for all you know he just feigned death! :P

hahaha!

Tickler said...

hahaha quite sure though, cause i entered wintergrasp late and still had 1/20 for the merciless daily, and after that, it went 2/20.. good job for his feigned death.. he can do that again till i get to 20. LOL :P